Working on smaller customer projects. Also did some proof of concept / research projects with new technologies like: node.js, express.js, node-webkit, mobile app development (with Android), C++ & QT, ...
As you might already guessed from the website title my name is Jonas John and I’m a freelance developer. I grew up near Ulm in Southern Germany but I also lived for a long time in Berlin and other parts of Germany. Currently I am working as a freelance developer in the Düsseldorf area.
Since I got curious about computers and started with programming about 15 years ago I worked with a lot of different programming languages, systems and frameworks. Here you see a list of my previous professional jobs, but that is just a brief summary of my overall work experience.
Helped to develop web based affiliate tracking software. My tasks included Perl development, database administration, front-end development, customer support, UNIX system administration, development environment setup (version control, test system hooks, customer managment, automatized customer deployments) and much more.
This is a rather incomplete list of all my IT skills. I’m also quick to pick up new technologies and eager to discover better ways to solve a problem.
- Front-end web development (HTML5, Bootstrap, LESS, jQuery, react.js, Backbone, …)
- Perl development (Experience in various frameworks, data processing, best practices, …)
- C# / .NET Framework (Windows front-end development, State machines, ASP.NET, …)
- PHP (Experience in various frameworks including Symfony, CI, Wordpress, Drupal, …)
- Python (Intermediate knowledge, worked on smaller projects)
- Web service & API development (REST, JSON, SOAP, …)
- Database management (MySQL, SQLite, MSSQL, …)
- German (Native)
- English (Fluent)